The ALPS education committee is responsible for patient and professional education, such as publications, webinars, e-learning and other educational material.
The EDC comprises up to ten members, reflecting the composition of limb preservation teams, but not limited to that. Each member serves for a period of two years and can be asked for a second term.
Members will actively support ALPS’ aim to serve as an interdisciplinary bridge that identifies, develops and mentors the next generation of clinicians, scientists and clinician scientists working to preserve at-risk lower extremities through educational activities.
Applicants are asked to specify up to three professional specialties within the field of limb preservation (ex. infectious disease, physical therapy, podiatry, vascular surgery, etc.) and specify how they will strengthen the development of educational activities in ALPS. Concrete ideas for educational activities (publications, educational modules) are appreciated.
The EDC will meet once a year in person at DFCon and will have online meetings quarterly. The majority of the time commitment will be on being involved in projects and publications.
EDC members will not be compensated financially. EDC member’s registration fee to DFCon will be covered.
500-word summary describing the applicant's educational expertise and linking these to ideas for development of educational activities
List of educational activities that the applicant is particularly interested in pursuing
Curriculum vitae (PDF format)
Eligibility for Selection
- Be an Active Member of ALPS (student and resident members are not eligible).
- Be a US or international citizen working in North America or the Caribbean.
- Have completed a postgraduate program.
- Be committed to an academic career in lower limb preservation and have obtained an academic appointment in a university or clinical center devoted to excellence in medical education.
- Have a demonstrated record of success in pursuing clinical or basic science research sufficient to ensure academic excellence in his or her career pursuits.
- ALPS is invested in a process that assures diversity, equity and inclusion for our award and scholarship opportunities. We encourage enthusiastic, eligible applicants from all aspects of gender, sexual orientation, and ethnicity to apply.