In the American Limb Preservation Society (ALPS) we work towards eliminating all preventable lower-limb amputations over the next generation.
“The hands and hearts of today’s health profession students will be responsible for preserving tomorrow’s at-risk limbs. In addition to ultimately being responsible for sustaining the present efforts of ALPS, young members’ enthusiasm, fresh perspectives and tenacity are invaluable to making advancements in the present. ALPS seeks to provide the mentorship, training and opportunities for student members to get an early ‘leg-up’ in being professional limb preservation advocates. Please join us in our interprofessional collaborative effort to eliminate preventable amputations!”
Benefits for students
ALPS is a non-profit organization and the aim of the society is to serve as an interdisciplinary bridge between varied groups and organizations with respective roles to play in lower limb preservation. The Society offers many benefits to student chapter members including:
- Free yearly national membership
- Opportunities to support local and national initiatives with leading specialists in limb preservation
- Networking with other student chapters across North America
Current ALPS Student Chapters
Miami Shores, FL 33161-6695
ALPS Student Chapter President: Zaria Woods
Oakland, California 94609
ALPS Student Chapter President: Maria Pena Felix
North Chicago, IL 60064-3095
ALPS Student Chapter President: Sophia Sorrentino
Start a New Student Chapter
- A reliable source of student members enrolled at the corresponding academic institution.
- One or more faculty member(s) who is/are willing to serve as chapter faculty advisor(s).